VE Day Crown Asparagus Pesto.
Asparagus is so delicious and really doesn't enter into the spotlight for such a short season. I want to eat it every single way I can in the kitchen. As do you - this has proved to be one of our most popular pestos ever.
- 10 - 20 Asparagus Spears depending on size
- 1/4 Cup Nuts I used Hazelnuts as they were in my cupboard
- 1 large Garlic Clove Or hadful of Wild Garlic
- Lemon Zest
- 2-3 Glugs Oive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste We used Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
- Herbs I threw in some fresh Basil Leaves and Thyme. Don't be afraid to experiment and really make it your own!
Pop the asparagus in boiling water for 3 -4 mins
Run under cold water or place on ice to stop it cooking
Roughly chop the asparagus
Pop in a food blender to whiz up and add in you garlic clove/wild garlic and nuts
Add lemon juice, lemon zest and blitz
Add olive oil to make a pesto consistency
Season to taste!